Get access to revolving credit of up to R250 000 whenever you need it. It's flexible credit that puts you in control and gives you peace of mind.
Applying for our new access facility means you'll have access to affordable revolving credit whenever you need it. You can use the money for anything – from an unplanned expense to celebrating a life event, upgrading your home or paying for your children's education.
Based on your personal credit profile, you could qualify for up to R250 000 revolving credit limit, with a repayment period of up to 60 months.
Why choose an access facility?
Unlike a revolving loan facility with a fixed monthly instalment (which often requires a percentage of the loan to be repaid before the money is available again), you are in control because:
- You decide when to access the money and what to use it for
- You choose a monthly repayment amount or period you're comfortable with. Or if your financial situation changes, you can simply change your repayment amount or period
- You can access your available balance at any time
It's affordable: you only pay for it when you use it, and there's no initiation fee, interest or monthly service fee charged if you don't. And it's flexible: you can make additional repayments and choose to lower the repayment amount or period. Or if your financial situation changes, you can simply change your repayment amount or period.
- Apply once-off in branch
- Convenient access to revolving credit
- Affordable, competitive pricing
- Repay credit used over a period of up to 60 months
- Amount repaid will become available again
- Yearly interest rate linked to prime (payable on the outstanding balance)
- Access your available credit limit on our app, Internet banking or *120*3279#
- You only pay for it when you use it
Use our app to manage your access facility
- Access your available balance anywhere 24/7
- Transfer money to and from your access facility
- View your available balance
- Choose the repayment amount or period that suits you when you transfer money
- Make additional transfers into your access facility account and choose a repayment option
How to apply
Visit a Capitec branch with the following documents:
- Valid SA ID document/smart ID card (new clients only)
- Latest 3 consecutive salary slips
- Bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits (only if your salary is not paid into your Capitec account)
How it works
Tip: To speed up the credit application process, bring along your bank card when you apply for credit at a branch if Capitec is not your main bank. Capitec uses DebiCheck, which puts you in control of your account – you must electronically approve each new debit order before it can be processed to your account. You can use your card and PIN to approve the DebiCheck debit order if your credit application is successful.
You can also save time and get an online estimate to see what you could qualify for before going to a branch.
Credit insurance may not be required, depending on your personal credit profile.
Credit insurance is available if you don’t have your own.
smart ways to save
Whether you’re saving for lobola, building your emergency fund or putting money away until you decide what to do with it, these tips can help you grow your savings.
back to school
Some students don’t have access to universities and tertiary education, either because of limited space, location, lack of money or the necessary qualifications, while others prefer more personalised education.