banking during the covid-19 lockdown
Facing this global pandemic is a defining moment in history. We can’t change the situation, but we can help change the outcome by choosing how we respond to it. And how we respond to it will not only define our character, but also shape the future for the next generation.
Be safe, bank from home
Visit the official SA government portal www.sacoronavirus.co.za (data-free site) to stay updated and informed about our fight against COVID-19.
It's still possible to do your banking during the lockdown from home.
Here is how:
Note: You must be registered for Remote Banking to use these channels.
Bank over the phone by speaking to a consultant
You can now get access to personalised credit straight from your phone. These consultants can assist you Monday – Saturday but will be unavailable Sundays and public holidays
How it works
- For personal loan applications, please sms "credit" to 43241.
- We'll call you back on the number you provide
- This service is only available to clients who have access to email
Branches open during lockdown
Selected Capitec branches will be open to help with any essential banking needs during the lockdown.
Together, we can share hope in our communities
As part of our commitment to help #FlattenTheCurve, we've made donations towards the Solidarity Fund and Gift of the Givers Foundation, which will go towards screening and testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We've also partnered with local NGOs to help feed and support families in need. There are many ways you can get involved or give back too. Find out more about our COVID-19 community support initiatives and how we can get through this together here.
- Use our banking app, *120*3279# or Internet banking to bank from home. Please note that you must be registered for Remote Banking to use these channels
- If you want to apply for credit, get an online estimate, see how much you could qualify for on our app or call us direct on 0860 66 77 89
- If you're worried about your income or your ability to make your Capitec loan repayments, talk to us – we can help. To make a payment arrangement, dial 0860 66 77 18 to speak to an agent
money-management tips during Covid-19
The effect of the current global pandemic is highly uncertain. It looms very large and can have you very worried, especially when you think about your finances. We asked personal finance bloggers Nicolette Mashile and Maya Fisher-French about investing during the time of Covid-19.
how to keep the peace (and a plan in place) at home
Has your tween already had cereal covered in mayo for dinner? Did you come across your toddler drawing a masterpiece on the dining room table with a permanent marker? It may be time to put a proper routine in place, fast.