Bank Better, Live Better
using your credit card
Your credit card gives you more ways to get what you need. Use it for everyday purchases and online shopping.
- The credit card together with our app lets you access and manage all your banking
- Get up to 55 days interest-free
- Earn the interest on a positive balance
- If you manage your credit card well you can improve your credit score
- Access to emergency cash when you need it – no need to apply for a loan
- Cashless payments (zero fees worldwide at card machines, online and for telephone and mail orders)
- No currency conversion fees for international payments
- Free payment protection, lost card and travel insurance
What to do when you get your credit card
Download and activate our app to help you manage your card, transfer money between your accounts, set limits, track your spending and view your transaction history
For fast, easy payments, store all your payment and billing information in one central, secure location with Capitec Bank Masterpass™, powered by Mastercard®
Before you use your credit card for the first time
- Make sure you understand the terms of your credit card agreement
- Know your credit limit to avoid overspending when you use your card
- Avoid a surprise bill by understanding all your credit card fees and costs, including how your interest is calculated, and how you can earn the highest interest on positive balances
How to earn the highest interest on your credit card
You can earn great interest per year on a positive balance:
- If you choose credit (instead of debit), you have 55 days to pay for your purchase without paying any interest on it
- Pay your salary into your credit card account and settle your balance in full
- This means your positive balance (debit balance) stays high, earning you more interest
you may also like...
live better with our credit card
You get access to all your accounts and a credit limit of up to R250 000.
business owners can now apply for credit
If you own or are a member/shareholder/director of an NPO, a trust, CC or a public/privatecompany and earn a monthly salary, you may qualify for a loan.
the only way to hack Black Friday 2019
If you plan to make this year’s mega shopping event a solution rather than a problem, there’s only one way to do it…
the one cost you can avoid this festive season
The festive season is known to stretch everyone’s bank accounts. The 55 day interest-free period on our credit card can help you prevent a financial hangover in January.