Bank Better, Live Better
here’s what banking better in 2018 means for you
Switch your salary and debit orders, bank on our app, and become a part of the movement to bank and live better in 2018.
Change how you bank right now and start making a difference in your life.
You’ll earn more interest
Capitec clients earned more than R2bn in interest last year.
- We pay from 4.75% interest on every rand in your transaction or savings account
- You could earn more interest than you pay in bank fees, which means you could bank for free
- You get 4 additional savings plans which you can fix to earn up to 8.55% interest
You’ll save time
Over 1.5 million people use our app to manage their money every month.
So why waste time standing in queues?
- Always know what your balance is, anytime from anywhere in the world
- Make payments, buy prepaid and email stamped statements
- Make instant payments to your DStv account
- Manage all your Capitec accounts from your phone
You’ll save money
More than 5 million clients pay R50 or less in bank fees per month at Capitec.
- Free access to our app, and you don’t pay for the data you use when banking on it
- A low monthly admin fee of only R5.80
- R0 – App access, transfers, prepaid purchases and card payments
- R1.60 – Transfer to other accounts on cellphone or Internet
- R3.73 – Debit order
- R6.56 – Cash at Capitec ATM
you may also like...
our 2020 fees
We update our bank fees on 1 March every year. Last year, we helped our clients save over R200 million by lowering our digital banking fees. For the second year in a row, we will not be increasing these fees in 2020.
learn from your bank statement
Spend some time looking over your bank statement for any bank better, live better areas to improve.
nicolette mashile’s secret to enjoying date night on a budget – while keeping the romance alive
Entrepreneur and media personality Nicolette Mashile, also known as the Financial Fitness Bunny, is passionate about levelling the playing field when it comes to financial literacy – particularly where it applies to relationships. Here’s her secret to enjoying romantic dates while staying within a budget.